So, it has alreay almost been a month since I blogged. I am slacking pretty good. Dax turns 7 MONTHS OLD! In two days. WOW, where does the time go?
We had a very good Easter weekend. It was General Conference, so not only did we get to listen to prophets of the church speak what God wants us to hear, we got to have a visit from Daxton's grandpa. We had such a fun time with him.
So, about a month ago our camp trailer was "Fortunately" next to another camp trailer that burnt to the ground. Our had some heat damage done to it. Well..When the insurance adjuster went to look at it, they decided to consider our trailer a total loss. A total blessing in disquise. The reason that they totalled it, was that our trailer I guess had been discontinued and they would have had to special order the replacement parts which would have totalled over $25,000.00!! Well, our trailer we bought brand-new in 2007 for $21,000.00. We have been wanting to get rid of it ever since we bought our house but have had trouble selling it. So WHEW! Now, we are $400/month richer :D.
So, because of the trailer and us having some extra money and the generocity of Ray's brother and his wife.. We were able to finish the room that we started just about 2 years ago to date. It is so cute I love it. I can't wait until our whole house gets re-done.
I started making a denim quilt for Dax. It is so cute. It has cars pieced with the denim on the top, and coordinating polka-dots for the back. I got all of the piecees cut out, and laid out. I just need to get my sewing machine up and working and figured out so I can sew them together. I was going to give it to him for his birthday (that was my set goal) but maybe I will get it done before so that he can enjoy it a head of time.
Oh, one more thing.. So we have this family generation (my family) My mom every conference Sunday would make this yummy danish type things called Coffee Cakes for breakfast; but they are called Conference Cakes at our house since we don't drink Coffee. Well, since I have my own little family, and my dad came to visit, I made them for the FIRST time ever. They were so yummy. I did such a good job.
Random Blog Post
3 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment