CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Ryker Alan Phillips

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daxton Ray Phillips

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

I DO

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Who can fit through the Laundry Shoot?

Never thought that I would have ever had to ask myself that question before. It was Thursday morning and I was going to load our laundry in the car so we could go to the Laundromat. Before I put the clothes in the car, I went to go start it. Then can back to the door and discovered Dax locked in the trailer. He is only 21 months old. I started to panic. {And maybe said some swear words under my breath.} I couldn't call Ray out at work because my phone was locked into the trailer with Dax. After talking myself out of breaking down the door a light clicked on. [Ray's co-worker lives next door, and him and his wife have a 3 year old little girl. The only opening into the trailer that wasn't locked of some sort is the laundry shoot] So, I went over and knocked on the door. No one answered, so I started panicing a little bit more. Hoping and praying that something would work. I got told to try their trailer again, so I did. Little Ariah was sleeping but Vanessa woke her up finding out what had happened. She told her, "Ariah, you need to go and help your friend, he is locked in his trailer and he is all alone." I kinda giggled at how awful that sounded. Luckily a little 3 year old body fit through our laundry shoot. She got in!! Woohoo!! But, it took her a little while to come and open the door. I think that she got distracted and her and Dax played "parent-free" for a couple of minutes. But once she opened the door, Dax was sooo glad to see me. Poor guy had tears running down both cheeks. Needless to say, he doesn't let me leave him in the trailer anymore, and who can blame him?!
On another note, everything is going good. We miss our family and friends like crazy. But, we are together as a family and that is all that counts. The weather is very interesting, somedays its really humid and hot and others it's windy and freezing. We have gone to the parks here and found our favorite one right on main street. We also can't wait for it to get a little bit warmer so that we can go to the little water park they have here.

1 comments:

Deanna

glad he's okay!!! And that you're all doing well! :)

Post a Comment